SARCO HAS GONE TO EXTENSIVE LENGTHS TO DEVELOP A SUPERIOR 1911 .45 MAGAZINE
We have sold probably 150,000 of our price busters, but we decided we need a new & better 1911 mag & we are very pleased with our new program. We have tested our 1st production run and are ready to roll. This is is the results of over a year of product development.
Please check the quality features of our new magazine:
• Produced on a computer controlled high speed link press. This provides a stable platform for progressive dies & uniformity. Body tooling has 6 stages & follower tooling has 16 stages. This assures an accurate & repeatable process with less metal stress, when fewer, less radical bends are made.
• Latest technology parallel feed lip design for proper timed release of cartridge. Special for semi wad cutters, although per technical feed back semi wad cutters may require additional timing.
• Welding is done on a Yasakawa computer controlled robotic arm argon welder. Unlike some .45 mags you can’t see the seam weld on the back.
• In house quality control gages to national standard are used for checking every stage of the production.
• QC inspection involves a 2/5D video measuring machine enabling checking of every specification & keeps the record in memory.
• Springs are tested to 20,000 cycles
• Dimple designed as a mag catch override for easier mag insertion.
• Latest rounded follower design
• Mags are processed in a hot bath of sodium hydroxide, nitrates, & nitrites at 141º centigrade - This converts the surface to “magnetite”.
• All process done under specification of MIL-DTL-13924 & ASTM-D769 & ISO-11408
• The tube is carburized (case hardened) by nitriding (heat treated in a nitrogen atmosphere). This retains a tough core (ductility, flexibility, springiness & resistance to stress fractures) while producing a 46-48 HRC surface hardiness, creating scuff resistance, fatigue & corrosion resistance. Most important, it eliminates any chance for deformation of the front of the mag from cartridge inertia.
• For use in all Gov’t & Commercial 1911 pistols 1911, 1911A1 - Gov’t Series 70, Series 80, commander, Essex, Rock Island, etc. - Also the many, many, many aftermarket 1911’s.
Plus with all of the above a killer price - Only $8.95 each, 5 for $7.99 each, 10 for $7.50 each
This is half the price of most reasonable .45 mags!
OEM or Large Quantity Buyers, Contact Cholly or Dave at (610) 250-3960 ext. 223.
Check out our fabulous tooling
Has to be forced into and does not drop free out of a Rock Island 1911A1....also does not lock back the slide
Whilst some may argue that this magazine needs to be broken in, my initial thoughts on this magazine are average to say the best. They seemingly function but are nearly impossible to load to a 7 round capacity. The spring is extremely resistant and gritty. It also fails to lock the slide open on a Colt 1991A1 which is a entry level 1911 Series 80 with a parkerized finish and rubber grips instead of wood and bluing. At the same time, I paid almost half of what I have for dozens of other similar magazines. Does the price mitigate the products shortcomings? Only if you can afford no other options. You get what you pay for. If you need magazines for the range you can drop without fear of losing them or them being stolen, then look no further. Otherwise, pay the extra 12 bucks and get a surplus GI mag.
The steel is the only thing they have going for them. I have never left a one star review for anything until I got these. They must be forced into the mag well on every 1911 that I have. (Rem. R1, rock island, chiappa, Colt). Then they have to be pried out to remove them. All 10 that I ordered were bad.
Very good product for the price.
I have bought a total of 16 of these magazine's and have had absolutely no problems with these Mags. Price is right and they work every time. Will likely buy a few more.
Bought and have put 10 rds. through each mag. No problems. Price is right and quality is top notch.
Great price, fit perfectly.
Great magazines, great price. Bought a couple for my Ballester Molina that I bought from Sarco. Worked great so I kept on buying them. I always add them to my orders when they offer free shipping on $40.00 or more. I can alway use extra magazines.
Looks like good quality mil spec mags function properly