SARCO HAS GONE TO EXTENSIVE LENGTHS TO DEVELOP A SUPERIOR 1911 .45 MAGAZINE
We have sold probably 150,000 of our price busters, but we decided we need a new & better 1911 mag & we are very pleased with our new program. We have tested our 1st production run and are ready to roll. This is is the results of over a year of product development.
Please check the quality features of our new magazine:
• Produced on a computer controlled high speed link press. This provides a stable platform for progressive dies & uniformity. Body tooling has 6 stages & follower tooling has 16 stages. This assures an accurate & repeatable process with less metal stress, when fewer, less radical bends are made.
• Latest technology parallel feed lip design for proper timed release of cartridge. Special for semi wad cutters, although per technical feed back semi wad cutters may require additional timing.
• Welding is done on a Yasakawa computer controlled robotic arm argon welder. Unlike some .45 mags you can’t see the seam weld on the back.
• In house quality control gages to national standard are used for checking every stage of the production.
• QC inspection involves a 2/5D video measuring machine enabling checking of every specification & keeps the record in memory.
• Springs are tested to 20,000 cycles
• Dimple designed as a mag catch override for easier mag insertion.
• Latest rounded follower design
• Mags are processed in a hot bath of sodium hydroxide, nitrates, & nitrites at 141º centigrade - This converts the surface to “magnetite”.
• All process done under specification of MIL-DTL-13924 & ASTM-D769 & ISO-11408
• The tube is carburized (case hardened) by nitriding (heat treated in a nitrogen atmosphere). This retains a tough core (ductility, flexibility, springiness & resistance to stress fractures) while producing a 46-48 HRC surface hardiness, creating scuff resistance, fatigue & corrosion resistance. Most important, it eliminates any chance for deformation of the front of the mag from cartridge inertia.
• For use in all Gov’t & Commercial 1911 pistols 1911, 1911A1 - Gov’t Series 70, Series 80, commander, Essex, Rock Island, etc. - Also the many, many, many aftermarket 1911’s.
Plus with all of the above a killer price - Only $8.95 each, 5 for $7.99 each, 10 for $7.50 each
This is half the price of most reasonable .45 mags!
OEM or Large Quantity Buyers, Contact Cholly or Dave at (610) 250-3960 ext. 223.
Check out our fabulous tooling
I had great faith in Sarco's products, having never been disappointed before, and then came these. While the price is good and they do perform flawlessly insofar as feeding goes, none of the seven in the lot I purchased will hold the slide open when empty. I fired all seven in a RIA 1911, also obtained through Sarco, and none held the slide open after the last round was fired. Not a real problem when just target shooting, but I had planned to use these for my SHTF gear and now am not so sure. Comparing these to magazines I have that do hold the slide open, I find that these new magazines are cut differently at the mouth, which I suppose is the problem. I'll keep using them but will have to revise my SHTF gear plans.
Great quality for low price! These magazines are working better than magazines costing three, four, even five times as much. I’m planning on getting more.
After reading the hype on these mags I ordered 6. Not impressed, no makers mark (China?)looks exactly like the ones at the gun show for less money. Will not always hold slide back, may be OK for the range but not dependable. Spend more & get more.
Worked flawlessly in both a government 1911 and a kimber. Very pleased.
I bought 5 of these to try out. All fit and functioned as they should. Two would not lock the slide back on the last shot. On examination the slide stop appeared to have been pushed out. I ordered a new stop along with 10 more magazines. These look great also.